Benefits & Fees
Value of placing funds at Community Foundation of South Lake:
- Flexibility: Donors may create funds in any name & for any charitable purpose.
- Immediate Tax Deductions: As a 501(c) (3), the Foundation helps save on income and estate taxes and helps reduce/eliminate capital gains tax.
- Connectivity: Donors stay connected to their gift, their family and their favorite charities.
- Personalized Service: Knowledgeable, professional staff provide prompt attention to donor needs.
- Community Information: The Foundation is a resource for donors about local nonprofit organizations and community needs.
- Investment Expertise: Experienced board and committee members, and financial advisors oversee investments and relieve donors of that burden.
- Low Cost: Combining individual funds, keeps administrative and investment costs low.
- Reliability: The Foundation has a record of reliability and dependability.
- Simplicity: A fund is established with one governing document that takes less than one hour to prepare.
- Recognition: Donors can honor or memorialize a loved one in perpetuity.
- Privacy: Donors can give anonymously through the Foundation.
- Legacy: Donors can build lasting testaments to their names, their families and causes they care about.
- Impact Assessment: combined donor grant-making with CFSLC community investment
Fees and Minimums
Fee Structure effective 10/1/2018 for all funds
- $350 fee for $10,000 – $20,000
- 1.75% fee for $20,001 – $50,000
- 1.50% fee for $50,001- $1 million
- 1.0% fee for $1 million +
- The annual fees are charged monthly (One-twelfth of total fee, per month)
- All fund-holders must maintain a minimum balance of $10,000
- Fund-holders below $20,000 will be limited to 4 disbursements per year.
(*.50% of the fee is for the investment advisor, BCA & Associates)
Scholarship Fee Structure
- Annual support fees are in tiers:
- $0 additional fees for basic support benefits
- $250 to include basic support benefits as well as collecting, categorizing and providing of student applications.
- $500 to include the above support benefits, utilization of software and additional support time.
- Administrative fee percentages (1.5%)
- Minimum $10,000 to establish new scholarship funds (must maintain $10,000 balance after disbursements)